Upcoming NORBIS courses
The following NORBIS courses are currently available:
- High Performance Computing in Bioinformatics (INF9380), April 16-27, 2018, at University of Oslo, by Torbjørn Rognes and Abdulrahman Azab.
- Genetic epidemiology and genome-wide association analyses (GENESTAT), June 4-8 2018 at University of Bergen, by Håkon K. Gjessing, Rolv Terje Lie, Anil Jugessur.
- Bioinformatics methods for next generation sequencing analysis (MOL8008), September 24-28 2018 at Norwegian University for Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, by Morten Beck Rye, Vidar Beisvåg and Pål Sætrom.
- Genome sequencing technologies, assembly, variant calling and statistical genomics, 22 October – 1 November 2018 at University of Oslo, by Torbjørn Rognes, Lex Nederbragt, Nick Loman and others.
Would you like to organise a NORBIS course? We welcome proposals for new or existing courses, please view this page for more information about our courses and how to prepare one.
Please find a list of our past courses here. Some of these may be repeated on a two-year basis.
NORBIS organises in-depth methodological courses within bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. Three categories of courses are within the scope of the school:
- Core courses: covering methodology within one discipline at in-depth level (i.e. each course being within either bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning or systems biology and covering sets of methods and approaches central to molecular biological enquires)
- Combined courses: integrating methods from multiple disciplines (e.g. prediction in molecular biology or dimension reduction)
- Interface courses: covering methods for one particular application domain (e.g. gene regulation or metagenomics).