Upcoming NORBIS courses
The following NORBIS courses are currently available:
- Bioinformatics methods for next generation sequencing analysis, September 28th – October 2nd, 2020 online, by Morten Beck Rye at NTNU.
- Genome sequencing technologies, assembly, variant calling and statistical genomics, October 19-30th, 2020, with exam November 27th, online, by Torbjørn Rognes UiO.
- Genetic epidemiology and genome-wide association analyses, November 30 – December 4, 2020, at the University of Bergen, by Håkon Gjessing.
- Clinical analysis of NGS data, Planned for fall 2020/spring 2021, at the University of Bergen, by Kim Brügger.
- Prediction (in molecular biology), Spring 2021 (tba) at the University of Oslo, by Manuela Zucknick
Would you like to organise a NORBIS course? We welcome proposals for new or existing courses, please view this page for more information about our courses and how to prepare one.
Please find a list of our past courses here. Some of these may be repeated on a two-year basis.
NORBIS organises in-depth methodological courses within bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. Three categories of courses are within the scope of the school:
- Core courses: covering methodology within one discipline at in-depth level (i.e. each course being within either bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning or systems biology and covering sets of methods and approaches central to molecular biological enquires)
- Combined courses: integrating methods from multiple disciplines (e.g. prediction in molecular biology or dimension reduction)
- Interface courses: covering methods for one particular application domain (e.g. gene regulation or metagenomics).