Upcoming NORBIS courses
The following NORBIS courses are currently available:
- Machine learning in medical bioinformatics, May 8-12 2023 at Lindköping University by Björn Wallner.
- SMED8020 Genetic Epidemiology, May 22-26, 2023 at NTNU by Ben Brumpton.
- Prediction (in molecular biology), planned early fall 2023 at the University of Oslo, by Manuela Zucknick.
Would you like to organise a NORBIS course? We welcome proposals for new or existing courses, please view this page for more information about our courses and how to prepare one.
Please find a list of our past courses here. Some of these may be repeated on a two-year basis.
General information about NORBIS courses
NORBIS organises in-depth methodological courses within bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. Three categories of courses are within the scope of the school:
- Core courses: covering methodology within one discipline at in-depth level (i.e. each course being within either bioinformatics, biostatistics, machine learning or systems biology and covering sets of methods and approaches central to molecular biological enquires)
- Combined courses: integrating methods from multiple disciplines (e.g. prediction in molecular biology or dimension reduction)
- Interface courses: covering methods for one particular application domain (e.g. gene regulation or metagenomics).