We will cover travel related expenses for NORBIS students attending our events.
Other members of NORBIS, who are not PhD students (such as post docs), are for the time being not eligible for financial support due to budget restrictions. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We kindly encourage all who receive funding to take an active part in our school, and to attend our annual conference.
- Only PhD students, who are members of NORBIS, are eligible for reimbursement.
- NORBIS will cover accommodation expenses up to 1100 NOK per night for the duration of the course.
- If you can’t travel the same day as the course starts/ends, you have to clear the travel with NORBIS first.
- You are expected to book economy tickets as soon as attendance at an event is confirmed, and otherwise use public transportation to and from airports etc.
- We will not cover taxi bills or expenses to poster print.
- For travels within Norway, you are entitled to a daily subsistence allowance to cover food etc. For rates please click here. From this, you subtract the meals that you have had covered during the course (subtract 20% for breakfasts, 30% for lunches and 50% for dinners). If you are traveling abroad, you may find an overview of the daily subsistence here. Norwegian only. Please note that when staying at an airBnB, the daily allowance is different from hotel stay.
- Your request for reimbursement must be completed and sent no later than a month after the event ends.
Employees of University of Bergen may use DFØ, the way you usually do, only remember to choose ‘Override accounts’, to charge NORBIS rather than your own group, and fill in 12120000 for ‘Kostnadssted’ and 101195101 for ‘Prosjekt’.
Employees from other institutions must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request access to the PayMe system and provide the following information:
Private email address
Date of birth and ID number (11 digits)
Mobile phone number
Bank account number
What NORBIS course you have attended/will attend.